background

Friday, September 14, 2007

World Card Making DAY!!! 21 Days away!

So I stumbled across something so cool today...I thought, is it true? Yes...Yes it is! There is a WORLD CARD MAKING DAY! Check out the website here. They have lots of fun card making ideas and techniques.
The whole idea is that the first weekend in October kicks off holiday crafting and card making season! Honestly, if I started Christmas card making in October...I might actually finish before New Years!
Anywho, I have decided to do a charity card making event. On World Card Making Day I will be making cards for an organization called Paper Stars and Vellum Stripes. It is an organization that sends blank cards to soldiers so that they can send birthday and holiday wishes to their loved ones back home. Basically there are no Hallmark stores in the middle of Iraq. I have made cards and sent them off to this group before and it made me feel so good! Let me know if you are interested in joining me!

No comments: